As the leaves begin to fall and the weather gets colder, it’s important to make sure your gutters are clean and in good working condition. Clogged or damaged gutters can cause water damage to your home or business, so it’s important to keep them clear and free of debris.
Why is gutter maintenance so important?
Gutter system play a crucial role in protecting your home from water damage. When gutters become clogged with leaves and other debris, they can no longer effectively funnel water away from your roof and foundation. This can lead to serious problems like leaks, cracks, and even flooding. In the long run, investing a little time to clean gutter can save you a lot of headaches—and money—down the road and avoid repair or replace of gutters.
Gorilla Property Services offers professional gutter cleaning services to both commercial and residential customers. We can clean your gutters and downspouts, and even install gutter guards (gutter protection) to help prevent debris from clogging gutters in the future.
How to get your gutters ready for winter months and avoid any costly repairs down the line.
- Inspect your gutters for any damaged or missing parts. This is also a good time of year to check for any loose nails or screws that may have come loose over the summer months.
- If you have any plastic or metal gutters, make sure they are free of rust. Rust can weaken the gutters and cause them to break or collapse under the weight of snow and ice dams.
- Clean out any leaves, twigs, or other debris that may have accumulated over the summer and fall. This will help ensure that water can flow freely through the gutters and avoid any blockages that could lead to water damage.
- Flush out the gutters with a hose to make sure they are clear of any debris.
- If you have any downspouts, make sure they are clear of leaves and debris as well.
- Check your gutters and downspouts for any leaks or cracks. These should be repaired before winter sets in to avoid any costly water damage.
- Make sure your gutters are properly secured to your home or business so they can withstand the weight of snow and ice.
- Once you’ve completed these steps, sit back and enjoy the rest of the autumn season! Your gutters are now ready to protect your home or business from winter weather damage!
How Often Should I Clean My Gutters?
How often you need to clean your gutters depends on a number of factors, including the type of trees that are near your home and the number of pine trees on your property. In general, gutters need to be cleaned twice per year, preferably in spring and fall. However, if you live in an area with a lot of trees, you may need to clean them more frequently.
Can I Clean My Own Gutters?
Absolutely! If you’re up for the challenge, you can definitely save yourself some money by handling this chore yourself. Climbing up an extension ladder to clean your gutters is also dangerous. Every year, thousands of people are injured while trying to clean their own gutters. Many of these injuries could have been avoided if they had called a professional gutter cleaning service instead.
Professionals Get the Job Done Right – The First Time!
Hire Gorilla Property Services to clean your gutters and you can rest assured that the job will be done right – the first time. Our professionals have the experience and training necessary to safely and effectively clean your gutters. We also have the proper tools for the job, which means that we’ll be able to get your gutters clean without damaging them in the process.
Gutter cleaning season is here – but don’t try to tackle this chore yourself! It’s dirty, dangerous work – and it’s best left to the professionals. Our Gorillas will get the job done right – quickly and efficiently – so you can focus on enjoying the autumn weather instead! Contact Gorilla Property Services today to schedule a gutter cleaning appointment.